In questo blog troverete le mie personali esperienze con il mondo della birra, della panificazione, della pasticceria e del formaggio... e molto altro!


lunedì 21 novembre 2011

RED ALE GREAT BRITAIN VERSUS USA


BACK:

2nd ALL GRAIN:


This is the report of my second all grain beer.

This type of beer was planned quickly because yeast pack was strangely swollen, though it had not been activated yet.

Recipe: I used Maris Otter Malt, Brown Malt and a bit of Crystal. American hops come from my own production (Cascade). So this is half english and half american beer, but made completely in Italy.
For this beer I wanted to clone a beer tasted one evening in a restaurant: red, malted and good bitterness beer (fuller's london pride).

My aim--> EBC: 30; IBU: 33 (tinseth).

I hope to be lucky and to recreate the same colour, but above all the taste.



I give you some photos of the process. Maybe I can give you some photos little different from the others that you can find in the 1st all grain report.


Grain ready to milling



Milling



 Mashing kettler with grain bag



 Grain moving from mashing kettler to lauter tun



 First wort coming



  First wort re-filtered on grainbed



 Filtering and clear wort



 Lauter tun: 3 layers



Spent grainbed



Boiling




BACK:


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento